Brain Enhancement Program Research Study Project II
Diagnose : Autism
Age : 15 Years Old/ 1993
Data source :
This assessment is for BEP Research Study Project II purpose and based upon the following sources:
- Review of BEP#08008 School 2006 I.E.P. and school based assessment
- Four of progress questionnaires from Parent (8/15/08, 9/20/08,10/19/08,11/08/08)
- Interview with Parent (10/13/2008)
- Two of BEP Brain Function Test Reports
This evaluation report is focused on the improvement of the ability in brain functions, but no focuses on academic areas.
Start Date : August 15, 2008
Before Treatment/Baseline : August, 2008
- BEP#08008 looks at or comes when his name is called.
- If you ask "What do you want?" with reinforcing present and imitative prompt, he will ask for the item.
- Will be able to use words or signs for items he needs.
- He is lack of short term memory function.
- He is lake of awareness the surrounding environments.
- He is able to answer non-complicated/simple questions, using simple words.
- Has problem with following through over 2 steps instruction.
- Is tendency to have self-talk behavioral./meaningless.
- Has engaged in repetitive speech and gross motor movements.
- Has demonstrated a sensitivity to touch.
- Has physically near others with engaging in disruptive behavior.
- Using finger to point or one word to ask what he wants.
- Not capable to ask "Wh" questions.
- Strong memory to remember single item's name.
- Always repeats words said by others.
- Never engage in appropriate interactive leisure activities with peers.
- Plays with Lego and Puzzle consistently.
- Does not make and maintain eye contact while interacting with others.
- Does not return greetings to others spontaneously.
During Treatment : First Progress Report, November 08, 2008
Overall improving areas: BEP#08008 is improving in the areas of his awareness, eye contact, the perception and expression of feelings.
- BEP#08008 has tendency to observe others.
- Improving the awareness of his surrounding and pay attention on others' movements.
- Has tendency to interact with others, but not sure what he needs to do.
- Can not interact with others in the group activity.
- Has improved using new words in his daily life.
- Has tendency to verbally express his needs. He is using single word to express at this period of time.
- Always repeats single item's name.
- Increasing attention span with eye contact or physical contact.
- Is able to answer simple positive (yes) or negative (no) questions with 2 prompts.
- Improving in identify of facial expressions, angry and happy face.
- Care about how facial expression relates to emotional expression.
- Is not able to decoding vocal intonation.
- Improving in his emotional nuance of speech./ feelings expression.
- Improving his ability in following song's melody and rhymes.
- Improving with changes.
- Improving in emotional control, will be able to listen and accept the reason without holing anger.
Parents' Observation : January 09, 2009
| Speech/Language/Communication Skills:
||His verbal communication is slightly lengthier.
He has a better understanding of communication with others.
He is more aware of surrounding and likes answering telephone, more
voluntarily action with verbal communication.
||His eye contact is improved. He smiles more frequently and more easily,
according to others.
||His attention to instructions and follow instruction remains the same.
He is more aware of his environment.
He is more aware of others and their names (recognition)
He always read newspaper but it seems his reading speed improve slightly.