Brain Enhancement Program Research Study Project II
Diagnose : Development Delay
Age : 10 Years Old/ 1998
Data source :
This assessment is for BEP Research Study Project II purpose and based upon the following sources:
- Two of progress questionnaires from Parent (8/31/08, 11/02/08)
- Interview with Parent (10/02/2008)
- BEP Brain Function Test Report
This evaluation report is focused on the improvement of the ability in brain functions, but no focuses on academic areas.
Start Date : August 28, 2008
Before Treatment/Baseline : August, 2008
- BEP#080016 overall he presents developmental delay in learning, cognitive and behavioral compared with his peers.
- Has difficulty in short team memory.
- Have difficulties in comprehension skills.
- Missing alphabet when spelling words.
- Missing sentence/word when reading a paragraph.
- Has difficulty writing complete sentence.
- Unstable to control his emotion
- Is forgetful
- Low self-esteem
- Might consider with visual dyslexia symptom.
- Has problem with number and letter reversals and inability in the correct spelling sequence.
During Treatment : First Progress Report, November 02, 2008
Overall improving areas: BEP#08016 improving in the area of learning speed, auditory process, memory and comprehension.
- BEP#080016 improving learning speed
- Improving in express his thoughts.
- Improving in visual process.
- Improving in missing words when spelling/writing.
- Not improving in his writing skill.
- Has a sensible responses compared with the similar situation/events/issue.
- Not improving in his oral expression.
- Doesnˇ¦t think through comments before he is said.
- Has a tendency to organize his goal and has motivated to achieve it.
- Better concept of time.
- Improving in both Chinese and English learning speed.
- The comprehension in the area of listening is better then reading.
- Has better problem-solving skills when given explanation orally.
- Improving in recognized facial expression.
- Improving in number and letter reversals problems.
- Improving in copying the letter correct accuracy increased.
- Oral test vocabulary is improved.
- Improving in focusing in homework detail.
- Improving in shifting from subject to subject.
- Establish his self-esteem.
- Better emotional control.
- Has tendency to be close to someone he likes.
Parents' Observation : January 11, 2009
He does not express himself well. He improves in his behavior, and other then those, the situation remains the same.