Brain Enhancement Program Research Study Project II
Diagnose : Autism
Age : 6 Years Old/2002
Data source :
This assessment is for BEP Research Study Project II purpose and based upon the following sources:
- Review BEP#08018 2008 China Clinical Evaluation Reports
- Two of progress questionnaires from Parent (8/22/08, 11/01/08)
- Interview with Grandmother and Parent (10/02/07/2008)
- BEP Brain Function Test Report
This evaluation report is focused on the improvement of the ability in brain functions, but no focuses on academic areas.
Start Date : August 22, 2008
Before Treatment/Baseline : August, 2008
- BEP#080018 does follow simple instruction.
- Has no word spoken at this stage.
- Does not say words or approximations of words.
- Does sometimes indicate specific item which they want by point to , pulling to the particular item.
- Does not say or shake their head "yes" or "no" indicate they want or do not want something.
- Does not ask for information using "wh" questions.
- Does approach and attempt to physically engage others in interactions.
- Does demonstrate sensitivity to sounds and tactile.
- Does sometimes engage in aggressive behavior and towards others.
- Does present sleep and eating problems.
- Does present lethargy.
- Does sometimes engage in self-injurious behavioral.
- Has difficulty in emotional control.
- Over focusing on detail/small items. (garden tree leaves, stones, grass etc)
During Treatment : First Progress Report, November 01, 2008
Overall improving areas: BEP#08018 attention span, speech/language comprehension, flexibility, awareness, behavioral and motivation.
- BEP#080018 improving in attention span. (home and school)
- Does not have tendency to explore in surrounding.
- Improving in maintain his eye contact while interacting with others.
- Brakes things easily, the behavioral is remain the same.
- Not used to the routine schedule. (school/home)
- Improving in pulling hand to a specific new item which he is interested.
- Increasing his curiosity with surrounding.
- Improving with changes. (new school)
- Has a tendency to sound out words.
- Showing his strong motivation in learning.
- Increasing in accept new items/things
- Improving in focus span.
- Improving in emotional control, decreasing his temper tantrums.
- Not willing to cooperate with othersíŽ schedule, it remains the same.
- Improving awareness the dangerous.
- Has tendency to hold his anger.
- Maintain a longer period of precious time with positive reinforcement rewards.
- Improving in shifting attention span from subject/place to subject/place.
- Reducing unreasonable rages.
- Still running around in the supermarket, not listening to the instruction.
- Improving in his flexibility of choices, and accepts reasons when things are occurred.
Parents' Observation : January 10, 2009
||He continues to make sounds.
||He gets to used to go to school.
||Less holding pillow, he still likes small plastic bags.
He gets to the life routine.
Willing to go to bathroom for bathing, and wash body parts.
He needs to remind to go to restroom.