Brain Enhancement Program Research Study Project II
Diagnose : Autism and ADHD
Age : 13 Years Old/ 1996
Data source :
This assessment is for BEP Research Study Project II purpose and based upon the following sources:
- Review of BEP#08007 School 2007 I.E.P. and school based assessment
- Four of progress questionnaires from Parent (8/19/08, 9/21/08,10/19/08,11/02/08)
- Interview with Parent (10/16/2008)
- BEP Brain Function Test Report
This evaluation report is focused on the improvement of the ability in brain functions, but no focuses on academic areas.
Start Date : August 19, 2008
Before Treatment/Baseline : August, 2008
- BEP#08007 looks at or comes when his name is called.
- Is willing to try to speck new sentences.
- Will be able to use words or signs for items he needs.
- Will ask for help when he needed.
- Will exchange greetings
- He is easily distracted.
- Has difficulty sustaining attention span for most tasks in play, school and home.
- Has difficulty shifting attention from subject to subject.
- Has difficulty following through on tasks or instructions.
- Makes careless mistakes, poor attention detail
- Has trouble sitting still
- Is excessive and impulsive in speaking bad words.
- Is restless or hyperactive
- Has a tendency toward compulsive behavior
- Is negative
- Is angry or aggressive
- Is sensitive to sound and touch.
- Poor emotional control
- Has tendency repeated words said by others.
- Plays with toy consistent with an identifiable item.
- Intends to be physically near others with engaging in disruptive behavior.
- Has difficulty with listing to other's explanations.
- Difficult with changes.
During Treatment : First Progress Report, November 02, 2008
Overall improving areas: BEP#08007 is increasing attention span, flexible, comprehension, learning speed.
- BEP#08007 has improved his tolerance to let go his favorite toy garbed by other.
- Improving in his comprehensive in the areas of language and recognized boy language.
- Improving in organized personal belongings in his living area.
- Preparing his own stuffs and ready to go out with parent.
- Improving in sequential processing. (step-by-step)
- Increasing reading speed.
- Better concept of time management.
- Slightly improves in his problem-solving skills, he can handle things that relate to the same activity.
- Improving in prompt response with answer the questions and the reactions.
- Increasing using proper words and sentences spontaneously
- Improving waiting in turn.
- Not improving with changes.
- Has tendency to react more reasonable response; it compared with the similar situation occurred as before.
- Slightly improves his emotional control.
- Reducing temple tantrum frequencies.
- Increasing learning speed.
- Improving in hand writing skills.
- Is still takes bad words.
- Does not have chance to observe his following complicated body movements skills.
- Does no have chance to observe his interaction with other students at school.
Parents' Observation : January 11, 2009
| Speech/Language/Communication Skills:
|| He will be able to communicate with simple sentences: what's your name?
How old are you? Where are you living?
||He plays computer games with peers at school, and plays hid-and-see with
friends at school break time.
||Parent talked loud, his responses with loud and screaming.
He has difficulty in controlling his emotion, and he talks bad words.